It costs $20 to replace an i-card that is lost, stolen, or damaged. However, you may trade a defective, worn, or outdated card for a new one at no charge. ID Center staff determine whether a card is damaged, worn, or defective.
Most campus accounts and services—meal plans, door access, and so on—will work on your new card within a few hours. Stored cash value (used only at Urbana) can't be restored or refunded.
If you want your replacement student i-card to be (re)linked to a PNC Bank account, contact PNC Bank.
Reporting a lost or stolen card
Report a lost or stolen ID card immediately! When you report a loss or theft, your card is deactivated permanently so that no one can misuse it. This precaution helps protect you and the campus community.
To report a lost or stolen ID, phone your campus ID Center. After hours, contact campus Police.
Chicago Campus Phone Numbers
Springfield Campus Phone Numbers
Urbana Campus Phone Numbers
Changing your legal name on your ID card
If your legal name isn't accurate on your ID, correct it first in University (Banner system) records, then visit a campus ID Center.
- Update your student record as instructed by your campus's Registrar.
- Bring these items to your campus ID Center:
- Your current University ID card (to be exchanged)
- Another proof of identity that bears your legal name
Faculty, staff, Extra Help, and retirees
- Use NESSIE to update your name, referring to the "Personal Info" tab resources. If you need help, contact Human Resources.
- Contact a campus ID Center to confirm your changes have been saved to your Banner record.
- Bring your current ID and a proof of identity that bears your legal name to a campus ID Center.
Contact a campus ID Center to ask how to proceed.