Who gets a UIN?

UINs are always assigned to:

  • Anyone who applies for admission to any University of Illinois campus
    (Students use the same UIN they received as an applicant.)
  • University employees
  • Students at Chicago's Noble Street Charter School
  • Students at Urbana's University Laboratory High School ("Uni High")
  • Campus Recreation members
  • Persons who need NetIDs

Treasury Operations' website provides the full list of persons who get a UIN.